Sunday, April 13, 2008

One Tough Chick




We went to visit my friend Lisa and her family today. Tomah is about an hour and half north of Madison. About 45 minutes before we got there--all three kids were asleep. Good charging for playing! Lisa's son Kostya and Julia were in the same orphanage in Ulan-Ude. Lisa met Kostya at the same time we met Julia. Ever since, Lisa and I have provided emotional support and friendship to each other--and we've loved watching when the kids get together! Currently, Lisa and her husband Paul are in the process of adopting a 12 year old boy. Julia--my tough little girl that is a toothpick--a very muscular toothpick--tackled him. Literally dove at him and grabbed his knees and took him down. For those who know Julia know that isn't the first time. Julia has no issue with taking down kids--particularly boys--that are older and taller then her. That's Julia and the boy is the one on the bottom in the red pants! Nature/nurture--nature/nurture.
I also took some pictures of Alihan enjoying some swinging time. Friday night, after my post about how wonderful everything was going; Alihan started screaming and carrying on in his room. We still don't know what was going on--but the next morning, Alihan was naked from the waist down(no PJ bottoms, no pull-ups--found those on the floor) and he totally soaked the bed. So much for waterproof mattress pads! Thank goodness for enzyme solution. Well, this is why we didn't buy expensive mattress--but I'm a wee bit disappointed with the mattress pad. Guess I keep on buying enzyme solutions--and check out a new mattress pad! I'm not sure if his sleep schedule is still goofed up or what. So far--tonight he has been sleeping well. Still doesn't like showers but he'll take a bath. Ted called me into the bathroom this am to watch Alihan laughing in the bathtub while Alihan kept dunking a cup underwater and pouring the water over "the boys". All I can do is just shake my head. Yep, like father like son--that's all I have to say. Between Alihan, Rauan and Ted--aaiiyyyeee. Life isn't boring(Julia is like me--I expect the tackles and arguments! again nature/nurture).

1 comment:

Hilary Marquis said...

You crack me up! We are going to have so much fun when you visit :)