Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The kids are home!!!!

One week post op and my kids are home. I can't believe how quiet this house has been without them.
I slept like crap last night. Honestly. I just couldn't fall asleep. Of course, when Ted got up to go to work this am I was in a total coma. Weird. Anyways, saw the doctor at 2:30 today and he again told me how the nurses were amazed by me. I don't get it. I just do what I have to do--no point in sitting around feeling sorry for myself. Ted just laughs--he's used to being around stubborn wife! He made the comment about how his eye is for sympathy pain for me--WHATEVER!! So, according to the doctor I'm doing great and he can't believe how well considering how bad my insides were. My uterus was 6 times normal size and full of fibroids. Now if I can just lose that extra weight......with time, with time.
Ted and I then went to pick up the children. We walked into Bill and Janet's house and it was literally--"Thank God, we're saved!" HAHA--yep they are active children. Not bad--just very very active. Julia latched onto me and wouldn't let go. The boys, of course, climbed all over me. Rauan looked so tired. I have a feeling he is going to sleep late tomorrow (yeah). Julia has a birthday party tomorrow for her best friend Levi. Grandma Mary Lou ( Michelle's mom and Levi's grandma) is picking Julia up in the am for Chuck E. Cheese's. Can you say afternoon nap tomorrow?
Bad news, looks like I'll have to come up with one month's premium for our health insurance. We have really good health insurance--so it's quite a bit of money. It could certainly be worse--I know there are people alot worse off. For once in our lives, we actually have some money in the bank. It will be tight, but, so goes life. I could push to go back to work, but the medical concern is lifting restrictions. For me, it's more the dizziness--but I think within a week that's going to be much better. The second bit of bad news is Alihan's surgery is going to be delayed. I, of course, have no time left. Ted is pretty much without time either until after the first of the year. So, it's looking like after January 1 for his surgery, depending on the schedule of the doctor's. If it was urgent, well, I'd stay with Chewie until my shift started--work and then go back to him after work. Grandparents are here, Aunt Mimi works weekends--so between everyone we'd figure something out. But, since there has been all this chaos--I think it's just better to wait. I think poor Chewie is so darn confused right now--Lord knows I am.
Anyways, back to work Sept. 15! Do you think I'll make it before I go completely bonkers--or am I already there?


Mala said...

Try to take it easy, enjoy the time.... as they say, make lemonade.... add vodka - I say.

bella1021 said...

Yeah glad to hear all is well and right at the Pritchards!!!
Enjoy the great weekend with the kids! See you in a few weeks back at work!! :)