Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A year ago

I can't believe it. I was just looking back through old emails and I realized that on Oct. 5 we found out about Alihan (remember that phone call, Mom?) and then today (Oct. 7), Ted and I officially threw our hats into the adoption ring for the third time. It would be a week or so until our papers went out--had to get the money issues settled etc., but this was really the day that we decided. What a year it has been! And now, our little man has been home for 6 months, is in preschool, and today daycare, is starting to ice skate(hockey baby!) and is such a happy guy. And we are a family of 5--plus 2 dogs and 3 cats just to make it more interesting!

4 comments:

Mala said...

Wow! Really? What an amazing year!
Congrats!!!

Hilary Marquis said...

I didn't know that this was your day!!! Looks like you share Tyler's special day :)

emily said...

how awesome! and interesting, it must be. was just reading your post below, too... is alihan in preschool with my sister's lucy? (only asking because i know that she had a fire department visit to school last week, too... coincidence???) hope things have slowed down a bit at your house, hope you're well!!!

Kathy Cassel said...

HI. I just followed your link over from Smiles & Trials. Your kids are adorable.