Friday, May 30, 2008

Medical Update

Just a quick post to let you know how Alihan did today at his craniofacial appt. Well, first of all the ear wax removal was pure HELL!!! I don't think the MD and her nurse-whom I work with all the time and have the h ighest degree of respect--believed me when I told them a couple of weeks ago that it wasn't going to be fun. The reply was--oh we do it all the time. Spoke too soon! They got alot of ear wax out, but I have a few new bruises, Kari (the nurse) probably got the arm work out of her life, and MD worked up a sweat! Poor Alihan--he has broken capillaries on his face and neck from struggling. Unfortunately, they didn't get all the wax since it's packed in so bad. So, when he goes under for any further repair with the cleft and for the penis snipping (Ted has to take care of that appt.-- I refuse to), he's going to get the ears cleaned out good! The hearing test went well. He has a slight hearing loss--most likely due to the wax that's still there. Alihan will see the famous Dr. Del in a couple of weeks. She was on vacation in Maui. I tried to get her to pack me in her suitcase so I could get some beach time--but that was a no go.
I'll post some more pictures later. Right now I have this cute little 4 year old boy hanging on my arm smiling at me. I think I'm going to go play with him.

No comments: