Thursday, November 6, 2008

Second Job

Well, I can let the news out now. The interview was with HospiceCare. And it went wonderfully. They appear to be very willing to work with my time limitations. Of course, if all goes well, Alihan will be in full day kindergarten next year (it's being discussed at St. Dennis) and most of those limitations will be gone. I'm going to shadow a nurse next week, just waiting to hear the details. And for those of you that are my references--expect a call. My manager knows and is very supportive. Again--I'm so lucky!
Tomorrow is the big day for Julia. As I had mentioned, she's hyper nasal and speech therapy wasn't really correcting it. So, she's going in for the big craniofacial clinic appt. to evaluate her for further palate surgery. There's a couple different techniques and I'll let you know what is decided. I'm nervous for Julia. She informed today that she didn't want to have the "bubble gum mask" and go to sleep again. I reminded her that mommy was there holding her hand when she fell asleep and I was right there when she woke up. I won't let anything happen to her. I think that helped a bit. Sometimes I think because she is my first child I worry more about her. Of course, between her cleft and her amniotic banding--her issues are more complex then the boys. I'm just a normal mom--I want to give my kids the best chance I can. Even if that means working long crazy hours so that I can have the money thats needed, but still be there when they need me. I'm a mom--it's what I do.
So, everyone say a prayer tomorrow. Dr. Del is awesome and I know the decision will be the right one.

3 comments:

emily said...

what an awesome mom you are! i'll be thinking of you both tomorrow. i know it will be hard for julia, and difficult for her mama, too. you're in my thoughts.

bella1021 said...

Thinking of you today....

um.. what new job?!?! ;) Good luck!!

Hilary Marquis said...

I'll be praying for both you and Julia. I know she's scared, she knows what's coming. You're doing a great job at being a mommy and a nurse. ONe of my best friends is a hospice nurse...it takes someone very special...and you are ;)