Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It's been a year now

Last year on this date, heaven gained a new guest. It's hard to believe it's been a whole year. Although he is gone physically, I know my dad is with us in spirit. I swear that he had something to do with Chewie coming to us. Dad knew that I wanted another child and I think when he got to heaven he started checking around and he knew that Chewie was his grandson. With all the weird things that happened, I know someone was manipulating something! In the past years' time, he also gained another granddaughter. 4 grandsons and 4 granddaughter. HA--finally equalized! Poor man had 3 daughters and no boys. As he said "even the damn dog is female!" He rebuilt the bathroom because that was the only way he could get into the bathroom--one of us was always hogging it. Now, having Julia (the princess) and knowing what ONE daughter is like--I sometimes wonder how he made it through with his sanity. OR maybe he didn't. Yes, heaven gained a special new member on July 16, 2007.
In happier news--depending on how you view it--Chewie made his visit to the urologist today to get set up for the snip snip. OUCH! This is the final bit to coordinate everything for his revision, ear cleanout, circumcision, and hopefully a good dental evaluation. I made Ted take him since this really is a boy thing. I'm not overly thrilled with the idea of an older boy having this done--and I wasn't thrilled when Bubba had his done. But, the male members of my family presented some pretty convincing arguements. So, I let Sara know that everything was done so she could start setting things up. I told her any week but the week of Sept. 17 since my SIL is getting married and that simply wouldn't work. I honestly don't think it will be set up until Oct. I know what the schedules are like and with the availability of surgical suites---well, this isn't an emergency. I would like it done by cold session with his poor flat nostril--but we certainly have time.
So, besides wallowing in my self-pity today and getting my family to move their butt and get the house cleaned up for the social worker tomorrow, life is good. My mom came up and rescued me today--cracked the whip with the kids to make them get their rooms cleaned up. Poor Mary,my SIL. She took the kids to spend the night with her and I thought--great I get to clean house without them destroying another room. Yep--then, as I leave work last night--"Oh shit! Chewie's urology appt!" So, called Ted and he started calling her. She moved quick to to get them up here today.
Ahhh vacation starts at 11:30 tonight. YEAH!!!

1 comment:

Hilary Marquis said...

Janiece,

I'm sure that today was hard for you. Your dad sounds like quite a character! Today is my mom's birthday :) Enjoy your bit 'o peace. Wanna come clean my house when your done with yours? ;)

Hilary