Friday, March 19, 2010

Death, Springtime and life





It's been a rough couple of weeks. On March 7 we got a call from Ted's dad that Janet--Ted's mom--was failing fast and was not expected to last until morning. Let me tell you--we busted ass getting to Milwaukee. Rough is the only way to describe it. While we lost my dad 2 1/2 years ago--their memories of my dad were of him alert and responsive. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye with dad. I got the call on him but I didn't make it in time before he passed. Janet passed about 3 hours after we left. The children got to say goodbye, Ted did and so did I. Chewie and Rauan didn't really get it, but Julia did. It was hard.
The funeral was last Tuesday. Needless to say, again difficult. I lost it when I looked over and their were tears running down her face. Ted told me when he saw tears in Rauan's eyes, he almost started crying. Chewie--well, he kind of just watched us trying to figure it all out.
Spring is finally upon us. To help release some of the sadness--and just because we love it--we went to Olbrich gardens after school and ran around. Pictures snapped. Energy burned.
On April 28, Rauan is going to be tested for the gifted and talented program. I don't know if St. Dennis will be able to accomadate him if he does test high. What to do? Well, not going to worry about that until it is upon us.

No comments: