Thursday, June 4, 2009

Am I disaster-prone or what???

Fricking bed! I'm laying on the bed with Julia, we've just finished reading a book and CLUNK! Corner of the bed went right down on the floor. Scared the living shit out of me! The rail holding onto the foot board just split. What a piece of junk! And this was not a cheap bedroom set. So, after Ted messed with it for a while--I'm off to the furniture store--same place we purchased this bedroom set 9 years ago. Still have the same bedroom set just updated. And get this--the rails look thicker and instead of the cheap ass metal frame under the bed--its now solid wood slats! I swear, every month or so, we've had to realign the metal footings under the bed. And it squeaks--turn over and it sounds like the bed is going to fall through the floor. And get your mind out of the gutter people.
Anyways, order new ones--WHICH ARE GOING TO TAKE A MONTH TO GET HERE!!!! Ted doesn't want me to purchase a metal frame to use temporarily--oh no, why use something for just a month. Well, so I don't end up falling out of bed in the middle of the night perhaps???? So, the railing is in place, shored up with some textbooks (I knew those would come in handy someday) and some thick sports books. Hey whatever works!

5 comments:

emily said...

good grief, lady.

Mala said...

I had a great comment all ready.... and then you said 'get your mind out of the gutter'.
Now I've got nothing. : )

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

This is too funny! Mine broke... hook pulled out of the railing... a few years ago when I was moving the bed (fortunately my mom was here to see it happen :)). It still hasn't hit the top of my priority list. To this day I still have little 2x4 pieces under to hold it up. It works fine and is hidden by the night stand, anyway, so I just keep putting it off. Kudos to you... with your busy life as well... to get it done so quickly!

Hilary Marquis said...

Don't ya just love it when big budget items die all of the sudden?! Geesh!