Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Gratitude

Before I get too busy and forget the wonderfulness of my children---I want to mention what happened over the weekend. Since hockey has started, we now go to 9 am mass (way too early for me--but hey, make it work, right?) That is the childrens' mass. Last Sunday, the children went to the chapel for their own little sermon. A friend of ours was out in the vestibule with his fussy little one and overheard something that he told us about later. The leader asked the children to say something they are grateful for. Only one child spoke up, Julia. Now I'm paraphrasing but Julia said, she's thankful for parents who work so hard to take care of their children. Doesn't that just make you want to break out the tissues?? Again--the good Lord knew what he was doing when he granted us the gift of infertility so we could parent these incredible children. And I'm thankful every day for that.

3 comments:

Hilary Marquis said...

You're raising them very well! Makes me tear up...

Mala said...

I second Hilary's comment.

Maria said...

AWWWWW!!!! I wish I had a kid who was thankful -- just joking, of course, well, maybe not. Hmmmm.... anyway. Julia is such a dear and such a sweetie!!