Saturday, April 16, 2011

Neuropsych results

I know some people have been waiting the results.  Well the results are in--and almost a week later I'm still reeling.  I'll wait until I get the written report so I can use the formal/medical terms--but basically, Chewie is functioning as a mildly mentally retarded individual--also as a "non medicated ADHD child"--although he was medicated that day.  So-medication has been changed, per our request.  He's on Adderall now, just a low dose.  We'll see how that goes.  We have a meeting planned with teachers, principal and ourselves to start making arrangements for next year.  I now have more then enough documentation to get Chewie's age changed by a year.  That would certainly improved his test results--low range of normal.  Considering he couldn't hear just over 2 years ago===well, we see what next years' neuropsych results show us!

No comments: