Sunday, January 24, 2010

What a week!

Oh what a couple of weeks really! Work has literally been insane. I'm not even going to get into idiotic ,child abusing, dangerous parents--but honestly people. What is it--the weather? the economy? or just the cycle of events? This combined with annual review, telemetry exam and the eagerly(not so much) anticipated PALS--this week (and I should be studying for). I'm ready for a break!
So, here comes the weekend. First up Julia's first communion retreat. This wonderful/crazy mommy worked the "bread-making" section with Julia's teacher and a few other second grade parents. Plus Erin, who is part of the kitchen staff--who came in to help despite the fact she was in serious pain due to a fall on the ice Friday evening. Part of the January thaw includes ice, ice and more ice. Gotta love Wisconsin. Anyways, despite the fact I was supporting my eyelids with toothpicks--it was fun watching the second graders. I got out the camera and started snapping away. Here's a few of the kids.
Princess Julia in the circle discussion group--see the flour there on her shirt.
With her partner, getting ready to stir up the dry ingredients.
What's a weekend without hockey? 418 photos of those games. Yes, I'm nuts--but in a nice way--I think. Here's Bubba. He was diagnosed with asthma this week--started on albuteral inhaler and singular this week. I think its made a difference. He doesn't seem to work quite so hard--I mean not that he ever did--but breathing seems to be much easier for him.
Bubba skating--with ice on his butt!

No photos of Chewie this week. I missed his hockey d/t the retreat--although I understand he was benched AGAIN for not listening. There is a reason he is my last child--love him, but he is just a little shit! With an impish smile whenever he thinks he "might" get away with it. Boys!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Next week HAS to be better, right?! I think I've seen those parents you speak of wandering the hospital halls. ;(